Protocols On Arrival
Our lovely receptionists are here to help. When booking an appointment, it will be their duty on reception to traige you before booking you an appointment. Whether it be a telephone consultation or a face to face booking, you will be asked a few questions to determine your appropriate care. They will be required to follow these steps prior to booking you in:
- Covid questions will be asked.
- New Medical History will be required. This can be completed online or you can ask for assistance if you are not sure on how to do this.
- They will book you an appointment that will best suit your needs and requirements. (Shielding patients will be advised of the risks to see the dentist, but will be given priority for the first appointment of the day, along with the vulnerable patients.)
- They will communicate our new protocols, which can be found also on the home page of our website.
- Attend at the exact time of their appointment.
- Pay by Card (If possible pay before the appointment to minimise contact with reception staff).
- Arrive alone, unless you are a minor or require a carer.
- Try not to touch handles or railings as much as possible.
- Ring the disabled bell to inform the staff you have arrived and are waiting.
- Wait by the door until you are triaged into the Practice. Your temperature will be taken and hand sanitiser provided. (If temperature is not okay, you will be asked to return home and rebook after self-isolating for 7 days.)
- Have a seat in reception, and adhere to the 2 metre distancing rule that is in place.
- Book all follow up appointments by phone or email if possible to minimise contact in reception.
- Wait for one of our reception team members to let you out of the building.
- Please have patience with all our members of staff as they are working hard to keep you safe and adhere to the NHS guidelines.
In surgery the Dentist will ask the patient to rinse with 1% Hydrogen peroxide.
- If patient requires a follow up appointment they will be asked to rebook over the phone or via email depending on timings.
- If patient pays with the card in surgery, the machine is wiped immediately.
- Receptionist will open the door for patient and allow patient their distance to exit the surgery.
- Door will be locked again.
Updated on 13/07/2020 by T Hale