Patient gets triaged by receptionist prior to booking appointment. These steps must be completed:
- Covid questionnaire asked and Medical History updated.
- Book urgent care only. Shielding patients will be advised of the risks to see the dentist, but will be given priority for first appointment of the day, along with the vulnerable patients.
- Communicate our new protocol with the patient for their arrival at the Practice.
- Asked to attend at the exact time of their appointment.
- Pay by Card (If possible pay before the appointment to avoid them coming in contact with reception staff)
- Arrive alone, unless they are a minor or require a carer
- Ring the disabled bell to inform the staff they have arrived and are waiting.
- Wait by the clear doors until they are triaged by the nurse who will supply them with hand sanitiser and take their temperature. (If temperature is not okay, patient will be asked to return home and rebook after self-isolating for 7 days.)
- Nurse escorts them into surgery (If stair lift is required, nurse will assist in PPE)
- In surgery the Dentist will ask the patient to rinse with 1% Hydrogen peroxide.
- If patient requires a follow up appointment they will be asked to rebook over the phone or via email depending on timings.
- If patient pays with the card in surgery, the machine is wiped immediately.
- Receptionist will open the door for patient and allow patient their distance to exit the surgery.
- Door will be locked again.
Document completed on 27/05/2020 by T Hale