An opportunity has arisen to join our mixed NHS and Private Practice in Portsmouth as a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to our Practice Manager.
The role of receptionist is pivotal in ensuring that our outstanding patient journey is consistent.
The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator, caring, vibrant and a team player. Experience in a customer management role is essential as is a degree of numeracy. Experience of social media would be helpful.
Excellent rates of pay and conditions for the right person.
- Greet patients.
- Calm and focused; able to work at a fast pace and under pressure.
- Confident in multitasking.
- Professional appearance
- Meet deadlines and produce monthly reports (training will be provided)
- Be IT literate
- Working knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of dental terminology, procedures and diagnosis will be beneficial)
- Use of dental software, Dentally (Training will be given- quick learning is essential)
- Register new patients according to established office protocols
- Assist patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation.
- Verify and update patient information
- Inform patients of dental office procedures and policy
- Move patients through appointments as scheduled.
- Enter all relevant patient information into the data system.
- Maintain and manage patient records in compliance with privacy and security regulations
- Answering and managing incoming calls.
- Respond and comply with patients’ requests for information.
- Schedule patient appointments
- Confirm upcoming appointments and recalls according to protocol.
- Check the daily appointment schedule.
- Fill in cancellation and no shows
- Able to focus and fill the diary for all clinicians in the practice.
- Organise referrals to other medical specialists
- Dispatch lab work appropriately.
- Collect payments and print receipts from patients at time of treatment.
- Inform patients of financial treatment plan options.
- Arrange payment schedule with patients
- Email financial statements if requested.
- Prepare claim forms for dental insurance on request of patients.
- Arrange supporting documents for the insurance claim.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing posts.
- Monitor and maintain inventory for dental sundry supplies
- Update patient education materials
- Maintain a professional reception area.
- Safeguard patients privacy and confidentiality
- Must have excellent written and spoken english.
- Knowledge of CQC
- A great positive attitude.
- Good communication skills
- Fantastic customer service approach.
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Working days/hours will be Tuesday-Friday 8:15am-5:15pm (1 hour lunch)
Sick and Holiday cover is essential.
Remuneration to be discussed depending on experience
amazing work environment and location in the heart of southsea
Opportunity to grow in skill and salary with the company.
Please send your CV to: Terri.Hale@nhs.net